Institute of Archaeology was founded in September, 2000 following the decision of Science Council and directive of rector’s office of the I.Franko National University of L’viv.
Main Research Projects
Main research projects of the Institute are related to
- ethno-genesis and early history of Slavs
- state creation processes in the Ukrainian Carpathian region in the second half of first millennia AD
- Kyiv Rus’ period in the history of Ukrainian people.
Scientific resources of the Institute allow to elaborate several themes:
- “Ethno-cultural and state formation processes in the Ukrainian Carpathian region in the first – beginning of second millennia AD”
- “Origins and genesis of early medieval towns in western regions of Ukraine”
- “Ethno-genesis of Slavs”
- “Ethno-genesis, early history and migrations of Slavs in the mid-first millennia AD”.